A Brief Overview
There are a few different aspects of Search Engine Optimization (SEO). The goal is to increase user traffic to a website by improving certain aspects of the website and refining the content to ensure that it appeals to the intended audience.
Is SEO Really Worth the Effort?
The benefits of successful implementation are extensive and include increased quality user traffic, improved visibility and credibility, more effective return on investment over traditional marketing mediums such as print advertising or direct mail. Although SEO is not difficult, it can be tedious, seemingly daunting, and requires diligence and patience because instant gratification is not going to happen, SEO is long term and calculated.
What's Technical SEO?
Technical SEO refers to optimizing a website for crawling and indexing. This allows search engines to access, crawl, interpret and index your website without any problems. The main goal of technical is to optimize the infrastructure of a website and includes:
- specifying your preferred domain
- formatting URLs to ensure they are short, descriptive and contain target keywords if possible
- implementing structured data markup like schema
- ensuring the use of canonical URLs
- generating and optimizing an XML sitemap
- enabling https
- checking and decreasing page load times where possible
- modifying website to be mobile friendly